Wednesday, June 30

Brioche!

Today I needed to bake. I think that if I had a past life, I was definitely a baker. I've been so melancholy because we haven't had a stove in a while (due to the renovation,) so I'm VERY happy that my boyfriend's mom hooked it back up!

I got the recipe from Artisan Bread in Five! My dough was a bit wet because I forgot to put the yeast in, so I added more water and neglected to chill my dough! I think maybe adding the yeast late made the bread a tiny bit denser than it would be but OH MY GOSH this. is. DELICIOUS.

I made a braid and a loaf, and I feel so proud of my bread. I would seriously consider casting it in gold and putting it on a pedestal, but both of the experiments came out tasting so good. The braid has pesto in it, and it rose a lot while I baked the loaf so there's this perfect little amount in each slice that tastes sublime. The cinnamon bread is very good too, but I wasn't in the mood for sweet bread. I just made it so I could bake something pretty!

Anyway I'll stop gloating and slap some pictures down so you can drool and click away at the link for the recipe! Click Click Click!



No comments:

Post a Comment